Hidden Treasures in the Cabin

Our renovation project is not on hold, but we're certainly not in any rush (according to my husband). I'd like to stop cooking on a hot plate at some point, but I'll stay patient and enjoy my Velveeta mac and cheese because it truly is liquid gold. 

The cabin was chock full of stuff. There were about 50+ James Patterson books that I organized with other crime and war fiction books to donate. I saved ones that were of most interest to me and others that were damaged and likely not wanted by the local library.

While Matt and I could dump everything in the dumpster, I want us to be mindful of items that could be reused, repurposed, or donated. Through a local Facebook group, I answered a post from a woman looking for book donations for a nonprofit. All of the appliances (2 stoves, one washer, one dryer) were picked up by our neighbor...who also took a dumpster dive or two for other treasure. 

There was also a lot of plates, glasses, and other kitchenware. A few are Currier & Ives prints like the one below. I found an old school breadbox, mid century record player end table, two dressers, and a variety of dining chairs that need a good refurbishing. I'm looking forward to restoring them post renovation.

The cabin will stay in it's current condition. We haven't decided to tear it down but it's also not a priority. It certainly has a solid foundation and no major leaks, which are all good signs for a future renovation. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting to know Neversink

Welcoming the New Addition to Our Family

Project No. 1: Drywall Replacement